Canadian Immigration Consultants

According to Canada Immigration law, "Permanent Residents" are individuals who intend on residing in Canada on a permanent basis.

Permanent residents of Canada have the right to live, study and work in Canada for as long as they maintain their Canadian Permanent Residency status. Permanent Residents are entitled to most of the social benefits accorded to Canadian Citizens. However, Permanent Residents also have the same legal obligations as Canadians, such as paying taxes and respecting all other laws. If you or your dependants commit serious crimes while in Canada, you or your dependents may be deported from Canada.

Once Permanent Residents have met the requirements under Canada's Citizenship Act, they are entitled to apply for Canadian Citizenship.

Status as a Canadian Permanent Resident can be lost if you or your dependents abandon Canada as your place of residence. You and your dependents must be physical present in Canada for two years out off five years in order to maintain the status.

The following are a list of the various ways to apply for Canada Immigration as Permanent Residents:

Skilled Worker - Canada values the skills and experiences that foreign professionals and workers bring with them. Check to see if your skills and experience qualify you for Canada Immigration as a skilled worker.

Business Class - Canada has a strong economic culture. If you have experience running or investing in businesses, you may qualify for Canada Immigration as a business immigrant.

Family Class - Family class immigration reunites families in Canadian homes. Learn how to sponsor your family member or Immigrate to Canada as a member of the family class.

Canadian Experience Class

A temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada.

The applicant must have gained experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization. Apply while working in Canada - or - within one year of leaving your job in Canada.