Express Entry Visa, the new Canadian immigration selection system, strives to simplify the immigration process for candidates. Express Entry Immigration is not an immigration program in itself, but rather a system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to select immigration candidates. Canreach can help you achieve Canadian immigration through the two-step process of Express Entry.
Entering the Express Entry pool does not guarantee a candidate will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Invited candidates still have to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s immigration law (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Step 1) Potential candidates must complete an online Express Entry profile
- Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile. This is a secure form that candidates will use to provide information about their:
- skills, - work experience, - language ability,- education, and other details that will help us assess them.
- Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs listed above will be accepted into a pool of candidates.
- Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one), or a nomination from a province or territory, must register with Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Job Bank. Job Bank will help connect Express Entry candidates with eligible employers in Canada.
- Candidates are also encouraged to promote themselves to employers in other ways, such as using job boards, recruiters etc.
- In most cases when there is a job being offered to a candidate, employers will need an LMIA from ESDC. The LMIA process ensures employers have made an effort to hire Canadians for available jobs. There will be no LMIA fee for permanent resident applications.
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence
- Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are awarded using the information in their profile.
- Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply. Candidates will be awarded points for: - a job offer, and/or - a nomination from a province or territory, and/or - skills and experience factors. A candidate can get additional points for: - a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or -> a nomination by a province or territory
- These additional points will make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.
- If someone is invited to apply, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residence.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications (meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.
- Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, they may submit a new profile. If they still meet the criteria, they can re-enter the pool. This will prevent backlogs and ensure quick processing times.
Not The Right Program?
If this program is not best suited to your needs please feel free to browse additional Permanent Immigration options designed for business people and professionals. You may also browse Temporary Immigrations programs if you are interested in visiting or studying in Canada. If you are unsure of which program will best suit your needs simply contact Canreach and we will be happy to help.