Canreach Global
Contact Us
Pay Now
Call us on:

Family Sponsorship

About The Service

Canada aims to reunite family members with their loved ones and fulfill its humanitarian commitment. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, or dependent child to immigrate to Canada. If you want to sponsor your family, here's what you need to know:

Who can Sponsor?

To sponsor your spouse or common-law partner, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:

·      You must be at least 18 years old.

·      You must be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must demonstrate your intention to relocate to Canada with your partner after sponsoring them. Permanent residents must be living in Canada to sponsor their partner.

·      You must prove that you are not receiving social assistance and can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor.

Financial Requirements as a Sponsor:

As a sponsor, you undertake to be financially responsible for the person you are sponsoring for 3 years, starting from the day they become a permanent resident. This financial commitment continues even in the following circumstances:

·      You separate from your partner.

·      Your partner becomes a Canadian citizen.

·      You withdraw your sponsorship request after your partner becomes a permanent resident.

·      You face unforeseen financial difficulties.

·      In most cases, there is no specific income requirement to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, or dependent child. However, unique circumstances may lead to income considerations, in which case you will also have to meet or exceed the minimum necessary income.

Some situations may render a Canadian permanent resident or citizen ineligible to sponsor their partner, including:

·      Being sponsored as a spouse or partner within the past 5 years

·      Receiving social assistance (excluding disability benefits)

·      Declaring bankruptcy and not being discharged

In-Land Sponsorship:

In-Land Sponsorship is an option for couples where both the sponsor and their spouse or common-law partner are already residing in Canada. This sponsorship route falls under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. To be eligible for this sponsorship, the person you're sponsoring must have legal temporary status in Canada at the time they receive Permanent Residency. During the processing period, the applicant can also apply for an open work permit, allowing them to work in Canada while awaiting their Permanent Residency.

Outland Sponsorship:

Outland Sponsorship is the choice for sponsors who are living in Canada while their spouse or partner is residing outside of the country. This sponsorship route falls under the Family Class Program. If your partner is currently in Canada but plans to travel abroad while their application is being processed, you can choose to apply under the Family Class Program instead.

Our team at Canreach can assist you in navigating the sponsorship process, ensuring that you make the right choice for your unique situation. We're here to provide guidance and support throughout the application process.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form